Wednesday 18 April 2012

Tattoos of the day

A few questions with Camilla Rose


1.       What is your current occupation?


I'm a stylist and fashion designer. I recently started a Vintage and second hand clothing label.

2.       What is the reason for you deciding to get a tattoo or tattoos?


 I have ALWAYS loved tattoos- I feel like they are an expression of your inner self on your outer body so I have always wanted one.

3.       Tell me about your tattoo/s and the symbolic or personal meaning behind them?


I got my first one on my wrist that says "Mary". Mary is my grandmother who was EXTREMELY important to me and really made me who I am today. She was more like my mother than my gran. She passed away in 2007 so I got this tattoo to remind me of her and all this wisdom she passed onto me. My Second tattoo, my rib piece, I thought about getting  for over a year and researched it and different artists. My name is Camilla Rose so I decided fairly soon on that I wanted a rose but I just wasn't sure in what style or form.  Overtime if I saw someone with a flower tattoo of any kind that I liked I asked them who the artist was and all the best ones seem to come from the same person -Tyler Murphy from Sins of style. I went to see him with the components that I wanted in my tattoo -like I wanted four roses to represent each on of my siblings and I wanted it to be very delicate and girly. Tyler being the amazing artist he is listened and came up with the design that I have on my ribs.  It  is unfinished as It still needs colour. :)

4.       Do you think in 40 years time you would still love your ink?


 I chose something that is important to me ( family). I really don't see how this can't be important to me in 40 years time too? Its beautiful and I love it. I  don't think I will ever  be able to dislike such a beautiful piece of art.

5.       Do you think tattoos have become more of a trend than it being something with meaning or a way of expression?


 Yes. Oh so many times I have heard "because it looks cool" as a response from people when asked about the meaning of their tattoo. My tattoo is under my clothing it is for me and it is personal unless I choose to show you, one would never know about it. And that's the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment